Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Frugal Idea Part 2 of 3

1) Shop garage/yard sales and thrift shops.

2)Check out some swap type of websites. I found one for books and keep my cost of buying books down.

3)I have given up my magazine and go to the library to read them. I take a notebook along to write down any information I might want to look up later online.


4)We have given up the newspaper. We read the paper online and print only the coupon we need online now.


5)We pay for daughter activities in one lump sum. Check to see if they give discounts for paying in one lump sum. This fall our daughter school will be giving a 2 1/2% discount if paid in full in September. Not much but every little bit counts.


6)Recycle as much as possible. We were able to reduce our trash service due to the small amount of trash we generate.


7)I clean the house and sell unwanted items on garage/yard sale twice a year. Fall and spring.

8)All are cars are paid for. Since we are both engineers and have worked on cars. Our vehicles are salvage. We have had really good luck and know what to look for.


9)Check your area for a freecycle. We have three in our area. They have a post of things to keep out of the trash.


10)Shop around for ALL kinds of services. This includes trash service, Internet, phone, newspaper, TV, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment